SECTION 1: INFORMATION COLLECTED OR RECEIVED
We collect information from you on this Site to provide a meaningful, safe, efficient, and customized experience. We use this information to: make it easier for you to use this Site, communicate with you about your orders, billing and payment, verify your identity when you make a purchase on our Site, help you more quickly find information on our products and services, provide targeted online marketing for the Site, create content on this Site that's more relevant to you, and alert you to new products, services and special offers that might specifically interest you.
- Information you provide.
- When You Order from Us. If you subscribe to our tea of the month club or order any products from us, you must provide your: name, shipping address, billing address, and credit card information. When you order from us, we use the foregoing information, along with your email, for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, and to communicate with you about your orders. We securely collect your credit card information through a Third Party Site. The credit card information is encrypted, and transmitted for storage to a high security vault according to strict industry standards. Once the data reaches the vault it is "tokenized". No credit card information is retained in our own systems. Instead, we retain a token associated with your account that has no intrinsic value. Your credit card information is not exposed anywhere in our own systems. Please do not send your credit card information to our team directly, for example, please only use our secure, online system to enter your credit card information – do not email your credit card information to us.
Public information you post on the Site. Information you post publicly on our Site is intended for public consumption. If you have posted information publicly that you cannot remove yourself, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request removal. We may request additional information from you in order to complete your request. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by taking care to exclude any personal information in your comments or reviews.
Public information you post on other sites. We also may collect information you post publicly on third-party sites, but only if you choose to follow instructions we provide. For example, we may collect pictures you post publicly on Instagram and re-post them on our Site, but only if you choose to use the hash tag "#simplicityteas" or “#simplicitytea” on your Instagram post. You can always have us remove the information from our Site by emailing us at email@example.com
- When You Share Information about Your Contacts. You may choose to share personal information about friends, relatives or colleagues with us, such as the person's name, shipping address and email address. Please do not do so without their express permission. You may choose to manually invite your friends to our Site using their email addresses. You also may grant us permission to access your contacts list and pull the email addresses of your contacts to invite them to the Site.
- When You Connect to Us with a Third-Party Service. You can connect to your account using external third-party services. The Site collects personal information about you from your social media accounts, but only if you opt-in and permit us to do so. When you connect to us through a third-party service like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and Instagram, we receive information from that third party identifying your account. We collect and store this information and use it to help you connect to our Site and to share your public content. Connecting your account to a third-party service is completely optional, and you will have the opportunity to grant permission when you attempt to connect. You can revoke permission by logging into the third party service and disconnecting the application from there, and through the native applications on your smart phone. We may retain the information we collected previously from you.
- Information we automatically collect or receive.
- Log Files. Like most sites, we automatically receive and store log files information from your browser when you visit the Site. This information includes your Internet protocol ("IP") address, browser type, Internet service provider, the referring/exit pages, your operating system, and the date/time stamp of your Site visit. We use this information, which doesn't identify individual Site visitors, to analyze and understand how the Site works for you so we can improve it, to administer the Site, and to gather demographic information about Site visitors for targeted online marketing purposes. We may link this automatically collected information to your personal information.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies Policy
We use a variety of technologies to help us understand how you the Site and our services (collectively, "Simplicity Teas"). This guide explains the tracking technologies we use and is part of our commitment to a high standard of transparency in our privacy practices.
Types of tracking technologies
- Cookies. This is a small data file sent from a server to your web browser that is stored in your browser and sent back to the server each time the browser makes a request to the server. Cookies can improve a site user's experience by, for example, allowing the site to keep a user logged in while browsing, saving a user's site preferences, and allowing a user to add items to a shopping cart and preserve cart contents between site visits, even when the user is not logged in.
- Clear gifs, web beacons, tracking pixels. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier. They function similarly to cookies and are used to track the online movements of web users. Unlike cookies which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded on web pages and are single pixel wide. We do not tie information gathered by clear gifs to your personally identifiable information.
Tracking Technology Lifespans
- Single-session tracking technology: lasts only as long as your site visit. Single-session cookies expire and delete themselves when you leave the site or close your browser. They are used for technical purposes such as enabling better navigation through a site or generating aggregated statistics about how a site is used. Single-session cookies do not publicly expose your personal information.
- Multi-session or persistent tracking technology: remains on your browser or mobile device until you choose to delete it or the cookie expires. Persistent cookies are used to recognize a computer that has previously visited a site. This can improve the user's experience, for example by continuing preference settings from previous visits and by allowing users to login without entering a password with every site visit.
We use tracking technologies for these general purposes:
- Because it is strictly necessary. This tracking is needed to make our Site work properly.
- For performance. This tracking helps us understand how the Site is functioning so we can improve the Site.
- For functionality. This tracking retains your personal preferences as you use the Site.
- For advertising. This tracking gathers data to help deliver advertisements to you that interests you.
Cookies we currently use
- Single session cookies are used to ensure the Site displays correctly on your device.
- Persistent cookies are used to measure Site metrics such as which pages are popular, how often people visit the Site, whether people are visiting the Site for the first time, and whether visitors make purchases on the Site. They also are used to enhance Site functionality, for example to allow returning users to use the Site without logging in.
Managing Cookies You can delete cookies stored in your browser at any time. You also can choose not to accept cookies from any site, including ours, by changing the settings of your browser. If you reject or block all cookies in your browser settings, then you will not be able to fully use our services. We do not currently act on "do not track" request headers.
Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you visit the Site. This information includes your IP address, device ID, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring site address. This information also includes your operating system or application, your location, and your activities voluntarily have submitted to us (for example, your email address). If you are accessing our third party Affiliate’s stores through the Site, this information is automatically collected, too.
- Other information we receive about you.
If you're not an account holder but we contacted you, then we may have received your contact information from one of your friends. An account holder may give us your name and email address so we can send a personalized invitation to you to join. We also may send you personalized email ‘reminders' about us from your friends. Similarly, an account holder may provide your personal information to us so we can ship a gift or other merchandise to you. We ask your contacts to share your personal information only with your permission, and you may unsubscribe from any commercial email you receive by following the direction contained at the bottom of the communication.
SECTION 2: HOW WE MAY DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE
Information we collect from you may be either personal or aggregate. Personal information is identifiable to you, like your name, email address, shipping and billing addresses, credit card information, and phone number. Aggregate information is summary data of the behaviors and interests of groups or categories, so it won't identify you.
- Aggregate information. We use aggregate information for the purposes of internal business research, sales and business development and reporting back to our brand partners. We may share aggregated information about our visitor and user base with third parties such as our advertising partners. This information may include the number of daily visitors to our Site and the number of orders placed on a certain date. We also may share Profile information with brand partners. We do not link aggregated data with our customer personal information.
- Personal information. We do not sell, rent, trade, license, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties, except in these limited circumstances:
- Disclosures to Simplicity Teas Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties. Like most Internet retailers, we use third parties to help ensure our business runs smoothly. We disclose your information to these third-party companies so they can perform their specific functions for us. For example, we may provide your name, shipping address, email and phone number to third-party shippers like the U.S. Postal Service and the United Parcel Service to deliver our products to you. We also may provide your credit card information to third-party credit card processors and issuers to help us process your orders from us. Simplicity Teas third party vendors may recognize a tracking code used by your browser or application to enable you to receive customized content, or to enable you to use other technologies such as tags and scripts. The tracking code may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you. When we employ other companies to perform functions of this nature, we only disclose the information that they need to perform their requested function. We do not authorize them to retain, share, store, or use personal information provided by us for any other purpose. We may also disclose to our affiliates who operate the stores information about the frequency with which you visited the store or accessed a product, which may in turn result in you receiving an email or push notification about that product or service.
- Disclosures Required by Law or Otherwise. We may disclose your personal information if we need to: (1) comply with a legal obligation such as in response to a court order or subpoena; or if we believe, in good faith, that it's necessary to (2) protect the safety of other account holders, subscribers, or the public; (3) protect against legal liability; or (4) protect and defend our rights or property.
- Disclosures of Giveaway Winners. We post the social media handles of our lucky Giveaway winners on our Social Media.
- Disclosures through Social Media. Remember that you control the privacy settings on each of your social media platforms. We allow you to share information from the Site to social media. In order for this to happen you first must opt-in. You can revoke permission to do this by logging into the social media service and disconnecting the application from there.
SECTION 3: HOW YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Log In to Your Account. You can change the personal information you provide to us and remove any content you post publicly on our Site by logging into your Simplicity Teas account and making the appropriate changes.
- Opt-Out. You can always "opt-out" of having your personal information used for certain purposes. At your request, we will stop sending you certain emails or even deactivate your account to prevent any future purchases through it. You can submit these requests at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Block Cookies and Targeted Advertising. You can prevent Simplicity Teas and its third-party partners from setting and accessing cookies on your computer by setting your Internet browser to block cookies. You also may remove yourself from the targeted advertising of companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance program by opting out here: aboutads.info/choices/ Our Site does not act on "do not track" request headers, but you can still limit tracking by taking these steps.
- Cancel Your Subscription or Deactivate Your Account. You may cancel your Subscription by logging into your account. You can also email us at email@example.com with this request and we can cancel it for you.
SECTION 4: HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At Simplicity Teas, we take data security seriously. We use technical, physical and administrative safeguards. Online, we encrypt your personal information using Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL"). SSL allows for a private, reliable Site connection where your identity is authenticated with cryptography. Offline, we restrict access to your personal information to only those Simplicity Teas employees who need it to perform a specific job function. And we require all Simplicity Teas employees with access to your personal information to follow specific practices concerning its proper handling. We also hold our vendors who need access to your personal information to strict confidentiality requirements. Third-party service providers assist us with the physical security of some of our computer hardware. When you visit our Site, you access servers that we backup constantly. Our servers are hosted at locations which are private and secure data center facilities, behind physical and virtual firewalls.
But please remember, while we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we can't guarantee absolute security. We wish we could, but 100% security just doesn't exist anywhere online or off.
SECTION 5: CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
SECTION 6: DATA RETENTION
Simplicity Teas will retain your information as long as we deem necessary. If you no longer want Simplicity Teas to use your information to provide you Services, you may close your account. If you close your account then your profile and the content you posted to the Site will no longer appear on the Site.
You may inform us of any changes or requests in regards to your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under local data protection law, we will use all reasonable means to update or delete your personal data accordingly. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You should not expect that all of your information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your request. Simplicity Teas will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Created: March 18, 2021
Effective: March 18, 2021